Blessing of St. Paul’s Chapel – Nikumaroro, Wagina.
More than 1000 people came together on Sunday 24th January, 2010 at Nikumaroro village of the Sacred Heart Parish, Wagina Island, to witness the Blessing of their new Chapel. Bishop of Gizo – Most Rev Luciano Capelli sdb consecrated the newly built Chapel. Concelebrating the Holy Eucharist were Fr. Albert Kalu, the Parish Priest and Frs. Jeffery Puritau, John Tiroko and Lawrence Kimaere. Also present at the celebration were United Church & SDA ministers and their people of Wagina as well as Italian volunteer friends of our Bishop of Gizo.